1. All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what field they study.
2. School should be more focused on improving facilities (libraries, computers, or labs) for students than on hiring famous professors.
3. Which one is the most important for teachers of high school? a. the ability to help students plan for their future b. the ability to find the students who need help most and help them c. teach students how to learn outside the classroom.
4. The rules that the whole society today expects young people to follow and obey are too strict.
5. When parents cannot afford time to accompany with their children, they could choose to send their children to a child-care center where many children are cared together, or they could send their children to an individual caregiver. Which one is better?
6. The most important characteristic of a successful politician or leader is good communication skills.
7. The most important things people learn are from their families.
8. It is better for colleagues or classmates to communicate in person than through emails in order to do a project.
9. One quality that a successful leader must have is to make decision quickly; when a leader takes too much time to make decisions, he will be seen as ineffective to the people he leads.
10. Young people today are less dependent on their parents for making decisions than they were in the past.
11. The Internet is as important as other service, such as building roads, so government should make the Internet access to all the citizens at no cost.
12. Some companies provide important products or service, but also damage environment. Some people believe that government should require more penalty, higher tax and larger fine of these companies, while others believe there are better ways. Which do you prefer?
13. People spend too much money on their pets even though there can other good ways to spend money.
14. It is important for government to provide money for beautiful things and not just for practical things.
15. To improve health, change an aspect in life: a. kinds of food to eat b. the amount of exercise c. the amount of stress.
16. Being creative, rather than planning carefully more often results in the best solution of a problem.
17. Grandparents cannot give useful advice to their grandchildren because the world of today and the world of fifty years ago are too different.
18. The reading students do on their own is as important as or more important than that assigned by the teachers.